
Pattern: Knotty or Knice Socks Interweave Knits Fall 2008
By: Chrissy Gardiner
Yarn: 2 skeins Universal Yarn Pace
Colorway: 19 (yellow)
I finished my Knotty or Knice socks from interweave fall yesterday! I only made two mods. The first one being the yarn. I used 2 skeins of Pace, which left me with a good chunk of yarn in the end. The second is right after the heel on the back of the ankle of the sock. I didn't put the pattern there. It started as a mistake and after checking it I realized no one was going to see it anyway so I just left it. The socks were really easy to make and after the first pattern you don't have to carry the mag around with you. They are my first toe up sock and I'm going to have to say I enjoyed toe up. Especially the part about trying them on as I made them. The cast on confused
me at first but after I figured it out it was super easy.

I finished these babies at the dog park yesterday. I let my dog out to play with the neighbors dog and I had been working on the socks so I had them in my hand. My neighbors dog jumped up and stole it from me! I freaked out a little b/c of my precious wooden needles and also because I was soooo close to the end and I was afraid the dog would pull it to pieces. Fortunately I got it from him before he could do any damage. He's a puppy so he is really, really fast and I was definitely not expecting that. LOL. No harm, no foul.
Ziggy is helping me prep for my next project, the Koolhaas Hat. I found this yarn but I'm not sure if its going to work or not. I've never used it before. I'll keep everyone posted though! For now I had better start cleaning before my in laws arrive. They are visiting us for the weekend. They are bringing their dog too which I think will be funny. Ziggy may not take too well to the weekend arrangement but I think he'll survive. At least Bob, my dog, will have someone to play with. My hubby comes home tonight! It should be a good weekend. Hopefully the tropical storms don't ruin it! I'll update with pictures probably sunday or monday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment