Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Click Click Click


Ha Ha that is the sound of my needles working furiously on some projects. I'll try to get them out of the way before I start my Hogwarts work! On the left is my "finished" Koolhaas Hat. Or so I thought before I brought it to my barista buddy. Apparently he has a big head. So while it fit me and my husband (apparently we have small heads, maybe we just made use of all the space and didnt need more?) it wasn't long enough for him. I was afraid that might be the case but oh well. So now I am going to rip it back to before the decreases so I can do another pattern repeat. Oh well its a fast knit so I'm not worried.
After I "finished" the hat I started my triangle shawl from the Gathering of Lace book. It's fun but also my 4th attempt at this project. My wonderfully loving cat (pictured below) chewed through the stitches on my needles on my third attempt. The first and second attempts were lost because the stitches came off the needles. I really need to get those needle point covers to keep the stitches on. Anyway its going really well this time (fingers crossed) so I hoped to make a lot of progress and maybe finish it quickly.
I signed up for Hat Attack before I joined the Hogwarts swap so I need to get prepped for that. I'm not too worried about it interfering with my house projects because I will probably be killed off in the first wave LOL. I didn't read the instructions well enough because I ordered two balls of the same color when I needed two different colors. dur. Go me! Hence the killed off early part lol. Oh well I learn slowly but surely. Thanks to my neighbor I have become hooked to the Firefly series. So that has become my knitting companion. There is only one season because it was cancelled and only had one season and a movie. I find this very unfortunate
because its a really good series and I think it had a lot of potential. Joss Whedon is hilarious and writes the best one liners! Anyway theres my update!

1 comment:

AshAsh said...

That is a great looking hat! I'm also participating in Hat Attack and also anticipate an early death. But it means I will get one hat made of the lovely Therapi and I will get to pet my lovely Therapi! :)