1. I made my first pair of french press slippers last night. They literally only take a few hours to knit up and felt but I didn't get around to felting until this morning.
2. Reminder to self when felting tie off pillowcase VERY tightly. I opened the washer to check on my slippers and they were not in the pillowcase anymore...Its all good though. I just tossed them back in and tied a little tighter which seemed to do the trick.
3. My morning got off to a rough start as in we didn't do anything until about 11...
4. I miss my Y routine for this very reason.
5. The sciatic pain seems to be happening more frequently which sucks because I want to continue teaching my classes as long as I can as well as living my normal life with a very active 2yo.
6. My husband deciding I need to be more cautious with my low back put the step stool in my car so our daughter can climb into the car without my needing to lift her. She seems to like this idea.
7. The step stool takes up a lot of space in my car. I don't really care for this idea but my back does.
8. I spend way too much money at Target, therefore I should never be allowed to shop there. My daughter just acquired a new dog shaped guitar and a pair of boots. The boots will probably be useful this winter. The dog guitar not so much.
9. My house is perpetually trashed no matter how much time I spend cleaning.
10. My husband tells me I shouldn't bend over as much since its not good for my back but he is not cleaning the house so my back is most likely screwed.
11. I don't expect him to clean the house he has an insane amount of work on his plate right now coupled with lots of stress. He deserves a break.
12. The olympics are not helping with my need to sleep.
13. I'm contemplating the next project to jump on my empty needles. (I actually have a lot of projects on the needles now but I don't really want to work on any of them.)
14. My toddler is competing in the not napping olympics. I believe she will be receiving a gold medal.
15. The french press slippers, when they are dry, will mostly likely go into the save stash for Christmas because I think they are going to be a little big for me. Damn. I really wanted them too.
I'll post pictures when they are done. I have to sew on the strap, add buttons etc. I think they will go to my sister since she has larger feet...
No comments:
Post a Comment