Ok so I am already knitting several somethings and I have two more projects waiting in the wings for the Ravellenics but we won't discuss that. Knitpicks posted something on my facebook wall that had pretty colors and now I really want to start something new. Something quick and dirty, lol. I feel like I am channeling the yarn harlot. I have been reading her blog like crazy lately. I am still back in 2006 but I have also been reading her more recent posts. I keep waiting to see if she will finish Joe's gansey its like a suspenseful novel or something that only knitters can truly appreciate or understand. I also really love looking at her lace, it makes me want to knit a shawl even though I have no use for one. I really only like to knit things that I will find useful or if I know someone will really appreciate it when its done. I enjoy the process of new things. I will probably work on my Apres Surf Hoodie for now but the urge to knit a gansey or something like it is definitely taking hold. I may even try making something without using a pattern. Do you see what this woman has done to me?!?!? Lol, I love it.

Hoodie's current status
Estes Vest needs the finishing edging etc.
My Ravellenics projects in the wings
My recent knitpicks purchase during the book sale (not including yarn which I have already used but we won't talk about that, lol)
My Leif Slipover that I started a looong while ago. I am saving it for the WIP event in Ravellenics.
On to other things. We went to the waterpark for the morning which actually went on until about 2 this afternoon causing a late nap but better than the no nap trend we have been on. I love the power the waterpark has over my child. She plays in the scorching hot sun and then FINALLY passes out. She's one of those extremely energetic children that around the age of 2 decided she no longer liked or needed naps...I however do not feel the same way. I would like for naptime to continue until she is 18 and moves out for college but maybe thats just me...So here I sit enjoying my second (possibly a third cup) of coffee. Yes I know I am pregnant I also know that I am constantly drinking water as well and have a very strong addiction to the brown caffeinated water of the gods. So back off if you know whats good for you. Maybe I'll make it a cup of decaf...although I'm not really sure we have that stuff in the house.
I don't have any really new news about my friends son. He is in the same condition as yesterday just not worsening. We continue to hope and keep him in our thoughts. Hopefully he will recover.
The nugget has awoken so I must run to check on her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment